- Creating a
Aotearoa New Zealand
- ‘Classical’ vs ‘Secular’ Buddhism – Bhikkhu Bodhi faces a great divide
- Bodhi Institute to launch in 2016
- The Dharma Bum | Atheist Alcoholic Freethinker Activist Buddhist Monk
- Relationality is crucial for an intelligent and coherent secular Buddhism
- Online course – The Four Great Tasks: Rethinking the Dharma for a Secular Age
Login StatusYou are not logged in.
In This Momentan occasional newsletter
Prominent U.S. Pali translator contrasts 'Classical' with 'Secular' Buddhisms
A fruitful start for meaningful discussion perhaps?Find it here
Translate this page
Search this site
Tag Archives for metta
A reflection on human relationality and why it is important, I’d argue essential, as a core consideration of the emergent notion of secular Buddhism. It does not enter the usual arena of this inquiry: rebirth, the validity of the discourses, and so on. Where it does answer will, I trust, speak for itself.
Starting to meditate, I was taught two practices and I am very grateful for both of them. The first was a meditation on the breath. Not something that we can easily control, all we do is watch it coming in and going out. Sounds simple but once we try we realise that it ain’t.