- Creating a
Aotearoa New Zealand
- ‘Classical’ vs ‘Secular’ Buddhism – Bhikkhu Bodhi faces a great divide
- Bodhi Institute to launch in 2016
- The Dharma Bum | Atheist Alcoholic Freethinker Activist Buddhist Monk
- Relationality is crucial for an intelligent and coherent secular Buddhism
- Online course – The Four Great Tasks: Rethinking the Dharma for a Secular Age
Login StatusYou are not logged in.
In This Momentan occasional newsletter
Prominent U.S. Pali translator contrasts 'Classical' with 'Secular' Buddhisms
A fruitful start for meaningful discussion perhaps?Find it here
Translate this page
Search this site
Tag Archives for kalyana mitta
A group of around a dozen friends, we come together on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 9pm upstairs at Newtown Community Centre, on the corner of Rintoul St and Colombo St in Newtown, Wellington.
It had to happen: after a little over a year the Wellington Wednesday evening sit has outgrown the living room. From Wednesday 10 April it will be taking place in the Kilbirnie Plunket rooms at 620 Evans Bay Parade, starting at 7:30pm.
Going through the process of putting this website up has been a wonderful educational experience.
Thinking through what should go onto it, discussing this with folk near and far, considering the nature of sangha or community, and kalyana mitta or good spiritual friendship … pondering what it must have been like for those who walked and sailed thousands of kilometres with the teachings of the Buddha in their hearts, their heads and in written form in their bags … how these teachings affect our lives in Aotearoa New Zealand in the twenty-first century of our era.