- Creating a
Aotearoa New Zealand
- ‘Classical’ vs ‘Secular’ Buddhism – Bhikkhu Bodhi faces a great divide
- Bodhi Institute to launch in 2016
- The Dharma Bum | Atheist Alcoholic Freethinker Activist Buddhist Monk
- Relationality is crucial for an intelligent and coherent secular Buddhism
- Online course – The Four Great Tasks: Rethinking the Dharma for a Secular Age
Login StatusYou are not logged in.
In This Momentan occasional newsletter
Prominent U.S. Pali translator contrasts 'Classical' with 'Secular' Buddhisms
A fruitful start for meaningful discussion perhaps?Find it here
Translate this page
Search this site
Tag Archives for Bhikkhu Bodhi
For me, the [necessarily secular] heart of the Buddha Dhamma, is that it is utterly empirical and pragmatic*. There is no absolute truth in the Buddha’s ideas because it is central to these non-absolute ideas is that there cannot be an absolute idea in words: ‘Buddhas only point the way’.