- Creating a
Aotearoa New Zealand
- ‘Classical’ vs ‘Secular’ Buddhism – Bhikkhu Bodhi faces a great divide
- Bodhi Institute to launch in 2016
- The Dharma Bum | Atheist Alcoholic Freethinker Activist Buddhist Monk
- Relationality is crucial for an intelligent and coherent secular Buddhism
- Online course – The Four Great Tasks: Rethinking the Dharma for a Secular Age
Login StatusYou are not logged in.
In This Momentan occasional newsletter
Prominent U.S. Pali translator contrasts 'Classical' with 'Secular' Buddhisms
A fruitful start for meaningful discussion perhaps?Find it here
Translate this page
Search this site
Category Archives for Podcast
Once upon a time, over a hundred years ago, there was a little boy born in the county of Dublin. An alcoholic, homeless tramp, he made his way as a beachcomber all the way from Japan to Burma where he was taken in by local Buddhist monks, he dried out, shaved his head and became a monk, making him the first ever white man in the world to do so.
Ted Meissner recently interviewed New Zealander and Sea of Faith member Professor Lloyd Geering for his Secular Buddhist podcast.
The first episode of The Secular Buddhist podcast went out in May 2009. I’ve listened to all of them but have to confess that a number didn’t hold my attention right through to the end. Most definitely worth exploring, an index of the podcast can be found at